Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - January 2020
Today favicons appeared and then again disappeared two or three times.

Many are saying that this major update has already rolled out then why the show?
The whole update gone nothing happened major.

But now I am seeing changes in our niche. We have a site which reviews apps and mobile softwares.
(01-21-2020, 03:36 PM)joycer Wrote: The whole update gone nothing happened major.

But now I am seeing changes in our niche. We have a site which reviews apps and mobile softwares.

Its little. I don't think we have to worry about it. 2nd positions have changed to 4th or it have gained a few places or so.
Kw's are fluctuating very rapidly in this niche (mobile) today.
The reviews created this in my opinion. Google couldn't tell which ones were the original and which ones were duplicate. And duplicate or low quality content was the issue in the first place. Then why didn't we saw any changes when this broad core update started rolling anyway?!

Its probably the after effects of the shock.
I am still confused why some main kw's are ranking for their related pages too.

I mean, if its 'TV and home appliances' then those pages also have links to home theater and sound systems. So, the page is ranking for Tv & home appliances and also getting ranked for the other two pages as well for the same kw search.

I am not complaining and I also know that its temporary. But its really weird.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mediadrug's post:
  • ksmith29
(01-22-2020, 03:19 PM)mediadrug Wrote: I am still confused why some main kw's are ranking for their related pages too.

I mean, if its 'TV and home appliances' then those pages also have links to home theater and sound systems. So, the page is ranking for Tv & home appliances  and also getting ranked for the other two pages as well for the same kw search.

I am not complaining and I also know that its temporary. But its really weird.

Viewing this since morning. And I am also seeing a considerable amount of reduction of ads in the SERP's.
Bots are flooding our sites. And SERP's are more or less he*l.

Today I searched for a bunch of queries like for specific make and model of some home appliances. Google kept showing me all the product pages from the top companies and not once they showed results according to my query. Its like they are catering for only the top companies who are paying big bucks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mailbox's post:
  • batman
Today was fun. All types of roller coaster rides.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
[-] The following 1 user Likes batman's post:
  • ksmith29
(01-23-2020, 04:09 PM)batman Wrote: Today was fun. All types of roller coaster rides.

Yesterday it was. And today it fell rock hard.

These days these are normal I guess.