Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - January 2020
I was out of town for a few days. Came back today. I didn't follow my analytics reports in that time being.

And now I am shocked as I am about to have a heart attack.

Google has destroyed traffic of many of my sites. Specially after Jan 5. From what I am seeing.

70% loss in traffic in one site. Its in arts niche. Copied content are ranking way higher for its kw's.

Another major hit was taken my a local news site its around 55%.

And also there is fall in Discover traffic.
@ksmith29 Don't ask, the quota of traffic is a dream now.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
Did anybody saw any changes today? After a very hard couple of days this afternoon was good. A little bit of traffic came back. And it converted as well.

SEMrush is seen to be cooling off. So, this might be over.
(01-06-2020, 04:23 PM)supaul Wrote: No funny business from big G today.

And what eCPM rates? In my screen they are same as usual. Maybe you got some unique visits or two which lead to this. Wink

No, I checked the rates were high.

But it didn't stick around so no need to argue over it.
Anybody using cloudflare seeing any change in regular traffic? Because some of our guys are saying that the sites using CF are loosing traffic since yesterday.
(01-11-2020, 03:24 PM)mediamonster Wrote: Anybody using cloudflare seeing any change in regular traffic? Because some of our guys are saying that the sites using CF are loosing traffic since yesterday.

I don't have any information regarding this.

Anyway, SEMrush is again hot. Probably another update rolling out this weekend.
Most of our kw's fell from rankings this weekend.

The traffic is killing us. What is going on guys?
(01-12-2020, 03:39 PM)biggit Wrote: Most of our kw's fell from rankings this weekend.

The traffic is killing us. What is going on guys?

You have to wait. Everybody more or less is viewing changes but nothing's confirmed yet.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
SERP's are flooded with ads and other what nots in some niches.

And in some niches results are looking even in some cases too good to be true.

News and services niches are viewing massive truculences.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ksmith29's post:
  • white knight
(01-13-2020, 03:19 PM)ksmith29 Wrote: SERP's are flooded with ads and other what nots in some niches.

Indeed. Low quality content is also a problem. They are filling the gaps what's left.