Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - June 2020
I am seeing a lot of discussions and debates regarding this rubbish type results of Google. And it not limited to closed forum groups. Now these discussions can be seen on reddit and also in social networking sites.
@danni Retire is the only option left for us now.
(06-01-2020, 04:44 AM)danni Wrote: I am seeing a lot of discussions and debates regarding this rubbish type results of Google. And it not limited to closed forum groups. Now these discussions can be seen on reddit and also in social networking sites.

The voices will rise. The SERP quality is in the lowest now. Many people already have started using DDG or Bing.

UK/US traffic is very low since last week in every niche. I wonder why it is happening. Are the users ain't seeing that they are been redirected to a pinterest post rather than a blog post lately?!

In order to end this monopoly the end users have to be smarter. Since last year we are seeing a lot of changes, from rise in social media links in the results to Google choking the life out of small business & pouring down wrong products to wrong users. This has to stop.

I am not saying that they should not make money. But atleast care for the user experience which they call up so high.
[-] The following 4 users Like mediadrug's post:
  • avinash, ClaudiaBrunson, limbo, white knight
(06-02-2020, 03:01 PM)mediadrug Wrote: The voices will rise. The SERP quality is in the lowest now. Many people already have started using DDG or Bing.

UK/US traffic is very low since last week in every niche. I wonder why it is happening. Are the users ain't seeing that they are been redirected to a pinterest post rather than a blog post lately?!

In order to end this monopoly the end users have to be smarter. Since last year we are seeing a lot of changes, from rise in social media links in the results to Google choking the life out of small business & pouring down wrong products to wrong users. This has to stop.

I am not saying that they should not make money. But atleast care for the user experience which they call up so high.

Some are saying that it can be a bug. And frankly I don't disagree completely. But there hasn't been any statements from Google and this problem is not new its been like this for weeks now.

Some are also saying to adjust the sites accordingly. But I don't understand, adjust to what exactly. Nobody has a clear picture about what happened in this Core update.
[-] The following 1 user Likes avinash's post:
  • ClaudiaBrunson
Traffic from various regions of the world is now disturbed. We were not expecting much Asian traffic today but we actually scored them the most. The problem is useless traffic eats up bandwidth without converting at all.

Google is boosting amazon products for those who are promoting through ads. But if they are exposed to the wrong audience then sales will be low.
@limbo Traffic is coming just not targeted ones. Today we saw a sudden surge in traffic at the morning. Then through out the whole day there wasn't much activity. Many sites even reported zero traffic for the time being. Then all of sudden at the evening the sudden surge in traffic bursts out again. Its very unpredictable these days. And if you can't predict any pattern then probably you can't come up with any business strategy hence no sales at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes white knight's post:
  • limbo
One site of ours was making around $5000 per year. Now its making only $150 per year.

The client wants to sell it. And I don't blame them. Because the way its loosing all the money and value, its price will be close to none by this time next year.

@white knight We are too are getting a ton of these surge yet throttling traffics. Our is not all bad. Gets a few conversions some times but its not stable at all. Today we saw a sudden rise in Bing traffic too but it was not targeted so they just bounced off. But it hasn't occurred with Bing before. Usually their traffic are pretty targeted. I wonder why?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes anush's post:
  • mediadrug
@anush Same story here mate. The fear of loosing clients is keeping me awake at night.
Our revenue is down by 80% since March. Well travel will be starting soon so I am hoping things will get better for us.

In lifestyle niche we didn't see any ranking changes much due to this Core update. But our overall traffic is down, so it didn't bothered me much.
GSC just vanished few urls of ours. Is it a bug or something else?
[-] The following 1 user Likes marketingS's post:
  • batman