Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How to know that the domain that you found is worth anything?!
Anyone can find any domain right, say I myself found a domain yesterday which is 'postchristmaslottery.com'. But how should I know that the domain I discovered is actually worth something in the real world or so? I bet you guys don't just go around buying domains in whichever you guys lays eyes into too, right? You verify the domain whether the domain is worth something or not?!

Which is the simplest way to do that?
Okay I hear you.

Two things basically people do when they discover any domain. First thing will be checking the domain actually has some value or not. Which is the question you asked. And secondly to check the domain for spam.

You can use tools such as DomDetailer. It will show you the necessary metrics that you need to know. A good domain cannot just came out of thin air, right? You need a proper tool to identify them. DomDetailer can tell the difference between a mud and a diamond. And for checking the spam. Use something like Spamzilla. It basically shows everything that you need to know about any domain such as the overall spam score, number of times it has been dropped, number of times it has been redirected, link history, fishy or relevant anchor texts etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank's post:
  • nupur_a
Thanks for explaining this to me. Can you explain Frank how do you guys use tools such as the Spamzilla to determine the spam score?
(12-24-2019, 04:45 AM)nupur_a Wrote: Thanks for explaining this to me. Can you explain Frank how do you guys use tools such as the Spamzilla to determine the spam score?

Well obviously spam score has to be below 25. And also there two more elements to check which will be the redirects and drops.

The redirects shows that how many times the domain has been redirected. A domain which is redirected more than 3-4 times is practically value less because it has been used in PBN or used to rank other people's domains quite often. And the drop is also important. If the domain has been dropped more than two or three times within the past year or so then also in that case, you are dealing with a worthless domain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank's post:
  • nupur_a
(12-26-2019, 08:20 AM)frank Wrote: Well obviously spam score has to be below 25. And also there two more elements to check which will be the redirects and drops.

The redirects shows that how many times the domain has been redirected. A domain which is redirected more than 3-4 times is practically value less because it has been used in PBN or used to rank other people's domains quite often. And the drop is also important. If the domain has been dropped more than two or three times within the past year or so then also in that case, you are dealing with a worthless domain.

I checked with spamzilla there isn't anything saying drops or redirects. What are they exactly called?

And also are there anything else that I should be aware of?
(12-27-2019, 04:35 AM)nupur_a Wrote: I checked with spamzilla there isn't anything saying drops or redirects. What are they exactly called?

And also are there anything else that I should be aware of?

Check score, redirects or drops followed by the letters SZ.

And these are pretty much it. 95% cases are covered by these basics. You don't need to worry about anything else.