Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Does more options means more conversions?
Suppose, I want to sell some affiliate products in my blog which are from my niche. Then is it good that I give my customers a lot of choices? Will it increase my conversion rates?
Well in general case scenario, giving more options to your customers is not a wise thinking. This may confuse them and decrease your conversions. But it also depends on many factors. In your case as you are willing to sell affiliate products in your blog so I presume that you already have a loyal follower base so giving options (not too many) might not hurt your sells. I personally will suggest you to provide 1 or 2 products per category of your niche.
mediamonster Wrote:Suppose, I want to sell some affiliate products in my blog which are from my niche. Then is it good that I give my customers a lot of choices? Will it increase my conversion rates?

It will be good if you offer lots of choices from your products, because it will take time for the customers to stay within your page and not going anywhere else.
steveposter Wrote:
mediamonster Wrote:Suppose, I want to sell some affiliate products in my blog which are from my niche. Then is it good that I give my customers a lot of choices? Will it increase my conversion rates?

It will be good if you offer lots of choices from your products, because it will take time for the customers to stay within your page and not going anywhere else.

But staying does not mean that the host will get conversions for sure. Customers may get annoyed by too many offers.
Paul Wrote:
steveposter Wrote:

But staying does not mean that the host will get conversions for sure. Customers may get annoyed by too many offers.

Its better to let the customers stay on your page rather than an immediate leave because this is to give the customers time on deciding for the particular product. In an e-commerce website selections of quality products is highly recommended.