Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Changing CMS from WP to Drupal, will it effect rankings?
Wordpress is just now a pain is the as*.

It takes a lot of time to load. To publish a single page article you will need atleast one hour to write, edit & publish. Confused Confused

And the update & upgrade option also seems to break every time. I don't understand if the CMS services going to fail every time then why give an automatic option in the first place?! Angry The most disappointing part is that in previous times if you use any unnecessary plugin or have an outdated one then only wp would give you trouble. But now that's not the case even if you don't use any plugin still wp will give you a ton of problems. Dodgy

So, we have decided to move to Drupal.

Changing CMS, will it effect thee present rankings? I am doing my best to keep everything same (url and all). Blush
Changing CMS shall effect the rankings. Even if you keep all the things unchanged. But that doesn't mean that you will loose your rankings for forever. You will regain them with proper optimizations.

Yeah, sure it may take some time. But it is doable.

My suggestion to you will be that Drupal is a very high optimizeable CMS. If you do things correctly then it might turn out better than anything (ofcourse better than mighty WP). So, before switching CMS you might wanna learn every bit you can regarding Drupal Optimization & handling. Take you time & act with patience.Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like white knight's post:
  • batman, KathleenRowan, md_dan
It all comes to the fact that how well can you optimize your new CMS. It's not all about whether you are changing any features or not.

Some might argue about h1, meta structures to be kept intact. But I have seen sites who have changed many of those things and get ranked the same or in a better way.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
[-] The following 1 user Likes batman's post:
  • md_dan
If the website template and all the data remain the same, it won't be affected that much.
Yes, changing CMS from wordpress to drupal can affect your ranking. You can regain by optimising your website.
CMSs are a big part of how websites are ranked. Changing from WordPress to Drupal may have an effect on the ranking of the website. Drupal is known to be more difficult to use than WordPress, so it is possible that the website will rank lower because users may not be able to use it as easily. Additionally, Google may see the switch from WordPress to Drupal as a sign of instability and rank the website lower as a result.
Until and unless nothing is changed from the SEO end, it won't impact much.
(06-02-2022, 04:52 AM)soleseriouss Wrote: Until and unless nothing is changed from the SEO end, it won't impact much.

Did you change the CMS? Any impact on the website?
(06-20-2022, 08:56 AM)soleseriouss Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 04:52 AM)soleseriouss Wrote: Until and unless nothing is changed from the SEO end, it won't impact much.

Did you change the CMS? Any impact on the website?

will you please answer? we want to know if that impacts or not.
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.
@soleseriouss  @smartscraper I have changed the CMS..

The thing is members resolved the issue via PM (the wordpress problem).

But I have changed the CMS anyway.. Got optimized through different tutorials. Effected rankings that's true. But they came back after a short while.