Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - July 2020
(07-17-2020, 03:21 PM)white knight Wrote: I am seeing fall in traffic. Huh

And these surges doesn't matter because in previous times when I checked they are all seemed to be bots.

If you too rely on US based traffic @white knight then its not unusual. One of my site receives solely traffic from US (80%+).

Its been is gradually declining since last week. I believe as many places there are mulling lockdown, so its the effect of it.
@nehal91 Many things depends here. Just because there is a lockdown so traffic will fell that doesn't work effectively.

Although, I got your point.

This Covid crisis has hit the business's really hard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vk_lord's post:
  • nehal91
There are some strange bot activity. A minute there are thousands and the next there are none.

I am wondering what this might be?

Anyway, content quality is really an issue now with Google. Many short term copied content's are ranking well then good evergreen ones with good link profile and authority.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harvee21's post:
  • nehal91
(07-20-2020, 03:38 PM)harvee21 Wrote: There are some strange bot activity. A minute there are thousands and the next there are none.

I am wondering what this might be?

Anyway, content quality is really an issue now with Google. Many short term copied content's are ranking well then good evergreen ones with good link profile and authority.

After the May update it was bad. All the pinterest links popping up and social sites getting ranked higher. But then also there was a quality limit.

Which is no where to be found. You correct. I am observing it too. It's been like since a week or so.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nehal91's post:
  • vk_lord
@nehal91 Many countries are sending mixed and very varying traffic. I don't know whether it is any update related or not. But SERP's aren't fluctuating much, its the traffic.
[-] The following 3 users Like vk_lord's post:
  • anush, marketingS, nehal91
@vk_lord @white knight @avinash

We got very good traffic yesterday. But today not so much luck. Yeah, mixed traffic is send by Google but they are not all bad. Overall it was an average traffic day I will say (without all the nonsense of updates).
[-] The following 1 user Likes master11's post:
  • avinash
Sensors are showing some high numbers. Is there another update going on?
(07-24-2020, 03:10 PM)lamhik21 Wrote: Sensors are showing some high numbers. Is there another update going on?

I saw it too. But noticing no changes in the SERP's. Others may have different kind of a say.
[-] The following 1 user Likes diamondhead's post:
  • zeus
@diamondhead I am seeing more or less the same. 70% of the total traffic remains the same. Rest are just throttling and sometimes bot like. You will know when the bot comes. Because activity is close to none.

Anyway, adsense eCPM is seriously hit today for many sites. Usually, the rate is $0.50 or $0.65. Today its down to almost $0.02 or $0.03Sad
@vk_lord Actually with the crisis and all. Along with it Google doing its business it very hard for any marketer or SEO to survive now.