Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - July 2020
So, far not so bad since last week.

Bots & zombies are present but in low amount. I am just glad that they are not eating up our bandwidth and/or lowering our eCPM rates in Adsense.
Today again a bug in analytics.

Man!!! Google's services are loosing their trustworthiness fast.
(07-01-2020, 03:27 PM)supaul Wrote: Today again a bug in analytics.

Man!!! Google's services are loosing their trustworthiness fast.

At a time today. I was thinking that whether I am being attacked by some sort of bug army or what. Dodgy

Because there was a huge spike in GA but nothing was happening in the site.
(07-01-2020, 04:51 PM)stcole Wrote: At a time today. I was thinking that whether I am being attacked by some sort of bug army or what. Dodgy

Because there was a huge spike in GA but nothing was happening in the site.

Bots or not bots. The situation doesn't matter now. Many sites are getting attacked by waives of spammers.

CF provides some resistance against bots but what about plain & simple spammers?
[-] The following 1 user Likes limbo's post:
  • stcole
Yeah, I saw them too. @limbo But today is a bit better than yesterday.
@limbo @anush @mediamonster Is this because of another update?

Cause these bot and spider things tend to happen very frequently when there is an update going on or coming up?
(07-03-2020, 03:39 PM)macaulead Wrote: @limbo @anush @mediamonster Is this because of another update?

Cause these bot and spider things tend to happen very frequently when there is an update going on or coming up?

I believe the reason behind is that this weekend is 4th of July. Blush
[-] The following 1 user Likes nehal91's post:
  • limbo
(07-03-2020, 03:39 PM)macaulead Wrote: @limbo @anush @mediamonster Is this because of another update?

No one can tell for sure. You can look into different sensors but then again they are nowhere to be accurate and these updates are for Google itself. No one can do anything, if its going to effect your site then its going to effect. There is nothing you can do to stop it.
[-] The following 2 users Like limbo's post:
  • elliekushn, mediadrug
Immense inconsistency between analytics and actual site.

By seeing the GA metrics anyone surely can assume that our traffic has fallen from the skies.

And also why images and irrelevant posts are everywhere? Its a bit much even for Google itself. You know, after seeing the May Core updates.
@elliekushn We have been experiencing this since quite some time now. Every now and then this happens.

And coming to the irrelevant posts and images. I will say this that its the new Google.