Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Which plugins to avoid in Wordpress?
I have seen some blog posts regarding this. But they only expresses the individual blogger's personal POV.

In general what problems does a newbie or an advanced user can face, its not represented well.

So, please share your views on which plugins to avoid!!! And also if possible share why?
You will only get personal views because people only share their own thoughts. I mean in general I can write that x,y,z are bad for newbies but that doesn't mean they will be individually.

Now coming to your question. I will state that it is only my view that I am about to share.

The big NO-NO plugins according to me will be Disqus, Yoast SEO plugin, any kind of social or code editing plugins, plugins that claims to automate your work, basically avoid any third party service that requires you to install a plugin etc.
WordPress plugins you may want to avoid are database management plugins such as Adminer and Portable PHPMyAdmin. You also don't need WordPress GZIP Compression, WP-PHPMyAdmin, and WP DBManager for database management. The functions they serve are already addressed by most web hosts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RuskinF's post:
  • anush29
Other WordPress plugins you may want to avoid are database management plugins such as Adminer, WP DBManager and Portable PHPMyAdmin, as these pose a security threat. The functions they serve are also already addressed by most web hosts. If you are looking for a plugin for image optimisation, avoid EWWW Image Optimizer.
You can avoid using database management plugins
(06-04-2020, 05:23 AM)peggy21 Wrote: I have seen some blog posts regarding this. But they only expresses the individual blogger's personal POV.

In general what problems does a newbie or an advanced user can face, its not represented well.

So, please share your views on which plugins to avoid!!! And also if possible share why?
You Should avoid database management plugins.
Tongue 
When selecting plugins for your WordPress site, it's essential to be cautious and do your research before installing any plugin. Here are some things to keep in mind:

1. Avoid plugins that haven't been updated in a long time. Plugins that haven't been updated in a while may not be compatible with the latest version of WordPress, and could potentially cause issues with your site.

2. Be wary of plugins with a low rating or negative reviews. Check the plugin's reviews and rating before installing it, and be sure to read through any negative reviews to see if there are any common issues that users are experiencing.

3. Avoid plugins that come from untrusted sources. Only download plugins from reputable sources such as the WordPress Plugin Repository or well-known premium plugin providers.

4. Be careful with free plugins that require you to enter sensitive information such as API keys or login credentials. Make sure the plugin is trustworthy before entering any sensitive information.

5. Avoid installing too many plugins. While plugins can add great functionality to your site, having too many plugins can slow down your site and make it more vulnerable to security risks.

6. Overall, it's important to be cautious when selecting plugins for your WordPress site. Do your research, read reviews, and only install plugins from trusted sources to ensure the security and stability of your site.
While most WordPress plugins aim to enhance the user experience, some are best avoided due to security vulnerabilities, compatibility issues, or lack of support. Plugins to be wary of include outdated versions that are no longer maintained and updated. It's also wise to steer clear of free plugins requesting unnecessary permissions or access to site data. Bloatware plugins promising too many features usually fail to deliver a seamless experience. I recommend avoiding plugins with few or no reviews, as they may not have been thoroughly vetted. Use popular, well-supported plugins from trusted developers for optimal security and performance, and keep everything updated regularly. Consider your specific website needs and goals above flashy features when selecting plugins.
We are 100% focused social media firm we help medium, large sized brands with different aspects of social media. Recent publish VIRAL MARKETING