Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - April 2020
I am seeing a load of long tail keywords falling. I mean in ranks. Anybody else noticing this?
[-] The following 1 user Likes limbo's post:
  • mediamonster
(04-17-2020, 02:48 PM)limbo Wrote: I am seeing a load of long tail keywords falling. I mean in ranks. Anybody else noticing this?

You know I saw it too. But since I saw that on specially some eCommerce sites so I thought that its normal activity.
(04-17-2020, 02:48 PM)limbo Wrote: I am seeing a load of long tail keywords falling. I mean in ranks. Anybody else noticing this?
 Have you categorized which type of long-tail ones are showing this type of odd behavior? If not then do that.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
(04-18-2020, 03:20 PM)batman Wrote: Have you categorized which type of long-tail ones are showing this type of odd behavior? If not then do that.

They are not from any specific category. But one thing I can say that they are impacting the articles which were evergreen in the tech, finance, medical equipment's etc niches.
@batman Actually @limbo is not alone. Its been visible to us also. It started with products and then slowly moved to the articles. Google is systematically removing all the posts and articles it didn't like.

The thing is posts will not disappear now overnight. Rather than that they will simply fall to a position where nobody care's & then even if Google decides to keep it. No one is going to care anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • bsteve, limbo
@batman @Paul @limbo Things are looking up now. Traffic is back to some point. Although they are of non-converting type still generates revenue from ads. The reason I am mentioning this because till yesterday the ad rates were also bad.
@supaul Its not real gain in traffic man!! It will rise and fall until the rest of this month as more & more people are in lockdown now.

I am not being pessimistic. Its just that its been like this since the mid of March.
[-] The following 1 user Likes glight's post:
  • mediadrug
(04-21-2020, 03:02 PM)glight Wrote: @supaul Its not real gain in traffic man!! It will rise and fall until the rest of this month as more & more people are in lockdown now.

I am not being pessimistic. Its just that its been like this since the mid of March.

Traffic from last week is very inconsistent. And also some peculiar behaviors have been cited in the Google SERP's. Lets just say the first position gets the 60% of the traffic and the second position gets around 20%. Now all of a sudden without jumping any position the third and fourth positions are getting the same traffic as the first and second & even maybe more. But it doesn't stays. For a hours max this retains.
[-] The following 2 users Like mediadrug's post:
  • bsteve, likewise
@mediadrug Indeed SERP's are the same. But its the traffic quality and also quantity that isn't constant at all.

And also for essential things big brands are ranking very well. Infact they are crushing their competitor's but that's not the case of non-essential things. Many small & medium sized sites are ranking good. I know its not going to stay but still they are having their day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes likewise's post:
  • bsteve
(04-22-2020, 02:58 PM)likewise Wrote: @mediadrug Indeed SERP's are the same. But its the traffic quality and also quantity that isn't constant at all.

And also for essential things big brands are ranking very well. Infact they are crushing their competitor's but that's not the case of non-essential things. Many small & medium sized sites are ranking good. I know its not going to stay but still they are having their day.

There is no demand now. So, making pages for those products or items will never get the cost collected back.

In the meantime, I am just thinking with this much traffic (have almost doubled) that we are getting since the last couple of days we could have make big bucks if they were converting type or simply if adsense were giving a good eCPM.