Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - March 2020
Widgets and apps are going nuts today. I am betting another update is around the corner or already happening.

Specially, the app review sites. They are through the roof.
(03-26-2020, 02:54 PM)joycer Wrote: Widgets and apps are going nuts today. I am betting another update is around the corner or already happening.

Specially, the app review sites. They are through the roof.

Its been like this since the last two days. At first I was also thinking that it maybe an update but now I don't think so.
We are advising our clients not to start any ad campaigns within the coming two to three weeks. Its a waste of time and money anyway. Adwords will drain up their pockets leaving behind blank CTR's and non converting traffic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes danni's post:
  • zeus
I can see that @danni. Many are saying that Google is trying to corner the market now. But I don't agree. Because Google always try to corner the market. Atleast they are now flagging by giving away blank CTR's so that advertisers may understand indirectly that not to invest in Adowords.

This virus is creating much impact then we ever imagined.
The world is moving around movies right now. No one cares about the SERP's.Tongue
(03-28-2020, 04:19 PM)mediamonster Wrote: The world is moving around movies right now. No one cares about the SERP's.Tongue

Can you blame? Most of the population is under lock down or something similar.
Travel site pages and life-style pages are disappearing from the SERP's. I mean why??

No, traffic or less people interested these days. That's fine. But disappearing and/or getting de-indexed is another. I am not seeing any pattern here.
(03-26-2020, 02:58 PM)mediadrug Wrote: Its been like this since the last two days. At first I was also thinking that it maybe an update but now I don't think so.

By seeing the current situations. I will say guess its normal.

But the problem is with the roller coaster SERP's. One cannot strategies a definite ad budget in this situation.
I am new to this forum. So, pardon me if I do something wrong.

Traffic in our site was down since the second week of this month. We suspected that it may be something to do with the virus effects. But since last week traffic started becoming better. Conversions were also pretty good as most of our sites belong to the life-style niche.

We expected nothing actually but since the traffic was getting better so we decided to pitch some products and also start some ad campaigns to generate as much as revenue. To our surprise CTR is upto more than 40% but the converting traffic rate is more or less the same. I am now wondering why?
(03-31-2020, 03:13 PM)newlyhappy Wrote: I am new to this forum. So, pardon me if I do something wrong.

Traffic in our site was down since the second week of this month. We suspected that it may be something to do with the virus effects. But since last week traffic started becoming better. Conversions were also pretty good as most of our sites belong to the life-style niche.

We expected nothing actually but since the traffic was getting better so we decided to pitch some products and also start some ad campaigns to generate as much as revenue. To our surprise CTR is upto more than 40% but the converting traffic rate is more or less the same. I am now wondering why?

It may be have happened because maybe they are staying at home locked down. So, your audience number is high. But their interest in buying the products isn't increasing.

You may push product as much as you can. But they won't bite because simple they don't want to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes master11's post:
  • newlyhappy