Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Does the Anchor Text has to be unique?
Does the Anchor Text has to be unique? In order to get real link juice out of the host page. Because from what I am seeing many links which have same or similar anchor texts are tend to rank lower in the results.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alex31's post:
  • Autofresh.in
Not necessarily unique but most certainly have to be relevant to the referring page.

Try to make the anchor text as much as relevant as possible. If it defines the referring page in the exact way the page is intended to deliver the concerned information then better.

For this reason many webmasters just put the head tag of the referring page in the anchor text to get link juice as much as possible.
You must go with the page link and content where you are redirecting through anchor text. Your anchor text must be relevant.
There is no necessity for anchor text to be unique. It does not help your page rank. Google only uses it as a way to understand what is on the page linked to.
It will neither affect the link juice or any other aspect of SEO.
It only gives Google the idea of the content on the page. Nothing more than that.
Regards.
(05-07-2020, 03:10 PM)RuskinF Wrote: There is no necessity for anchor text to be unique. It does not help your page rank. Google only uses it as a way to understand what is on the page linked to.
It will neither affect the link juice or any other aspect of SEO.
It only gives Google the idea of the content on the page. Nothing more than that.
Regards.
How can you say that it does not help page rank? Do you have any statistics? Because I have witnessed for such scenario that putting exact unique keyword help me to improve the ranking of my website. Although  I also support that relevant anchor text helps too but it does not mean that unique anchor text has no importance!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ritesh3592's post:
  • vkumar
@ritesh3592

I agree. But unique ones are hard to produce.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vkumar's post:
  • Annie
I think relevancy is the key here. In terms of any SEO activity, you have to be precise and regular to get the results.
Yes, it should be unique and original.
(10-20-2020, 12:15 PM)brisbanecar Wrote: Yes, it should be unique and original.

Doesn't have to be unique all the time!!

If the text is relevant then it's okay.
There is no need to necessary to unique anchor text. You can use variation in the anchor text by using LSI keywords related to your category. You can try 'lsigraph' it to get more keyword phrases.