Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - February 2020
Anybody else seeing any weird traffic inflow?

I think there is another update brewing.

Suddenly bots and zombies are back. The strange part is that revenue generation hasn't been effected that much. Wink
Quote:Which niche are you in?

@danni I write technical stuff basically anything related to computers and internet. Our site specializes in linux, vps etc. We try to get involved with the open source projects and share that information.
You are lucky @anush. Our revenue generation is just bad now. Sales are all time low. Even eCPM of adsense are killing me with it rates.

Traffic is coming but its zombie like and its eating away our bandwidth.
Some are saying that who have redid old posts are seeing improvements now.

We also saw that when the January Core Update started rolling then all went down as update get all rolled out.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
[-] The following 1 user Likes batman's post:
  • satnam
I agree Batman. If it was then I sure would have seen some improvements. I have done some major upgrades (content wise) in my blog. Its is in travel niche. And I have been doing this after hit by the September update.
Extremely low traffic from United States this weekend.

Although, what am I complaining about? Traffic is low from every aspect.
Ofcourse US traffic is down. Its Super Bowl. And you are right. The usual traffic which used to come this time of the year is down.
(02-02-2020, 03:33 PM)anush Wrote: Extremely low traffic from United States this weekend.

Although, what am I complaining about? Traffic is low from every aspect.

Whenever a country takes hit like this. Just make a keep search about what's happening or what's with the current day in that specific country. You shall know why your traffic is down on that day. Cool
Big changes today. Most of the niches are medicinal (the ones for which people usually don't need Doctors), astrology, fitness sites (such as get thin naturally), some online university sites (with edu extensions), some financial consultation sites etc.

@anush you were right all along. Another update was brewing since Feb 1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes limbo's post:
  • Paul
Quote:Most of the niches are medicinal (the ones for which people usually don't need Doctors), astrology, fitness sites (such as get thin naturally), some online university sites (with edu extensions), some financial consultation sites etc.

Indeed @limbo astrology has been hit hard. One of our client owns one, lost around 50% of traffic today. As the site fell from 2nd position of the first page to 5th position of the second page. All around 15 positions back in the SERP's for a kw that draws almost 70% of the total traffic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Paul's post:
  • mediadrug