Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How much effect does a SSL actually have over SEO?
I am confused. Sometimes Google is pushing it. Sometimes they are ignoring it (as seen in the recent updates).

Many people talking about installing it only if we are dealing with money. Some use them anyway. So, what's you guys take on this?
Like Reply
Google was pushing it a couple of years back. Not now. The problem isn't with Google here if you don't have a SSL installed then probably any major browser such as Firefox or Chrome throws away a warning message to the users which can be pretty disastrous if your users base is a crowd which isn't much familiar with the web.

And No they don't have any effect in SEO that can noticeably increase or decrease your rankings. Some might suggest that they have little effect but I haven't seen any major or little changes so I beg to differ.
Like Reply
It should be noted that having an SSL certificate will not magically boost your website to the top of the SERPs (search engine results pages). You need to consider all the other SEO factors as well as SSL.
Like Reply
SSL isn't directly affecting SEO ranking but if you use SSL it's definitely helps in your website ranking. And this SSL is very important for website ranking in the mobile.
Like Reply
Google has confirmed that a secure website with an SSL certificate will have an advantage over other websites that are not as secure and encrypted — provided other search engine optimization (SEO) factors remain the same.
Like Reply