Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - January 2020
I am seeing very old favicons in the SERP's. These favicons of ours are not even of last year but they are from a few years back.
Is another update going one guys? Keywords are fluctuating like never before. And this is a weekend.
(01-25-2020, 02:42 PM)rayx Wrote: Is another update going one guys? Keywords are fluctuating like never before. And this is a weekend.

I am wondering the same thing. Apparently nobody is confirming anything.
(01-25-2020, 03:06 PM)elliekushn Wrote: I am wondering the same thing. Apparently nobody is confirming anything.

In SearchEngine Roundtable its been published that there was an update in 23 Jan.
The article doesn't say much about what this update is about!!
Last year with all the updates that has happened we saw terrible loss in traffic. Then again with this core update we saw a sudden but well increase in traffic. Then again traffic has slowed since 23rd. Is this because of the snippets or something else is happening?
In mobile niche it was not a frustrating year and our product sales also got a boost. But since the January update things has gotten really slow. I thought that once its over everything will be good but now another update back to back!! So, you guys can imagine.
(01-27-2020, 03:36 PM)supaul Wrote: In mobile niche it was not a frustrating year and our product sales also got a boost. But since the January update things has gotten really slow. I thought that once its over everything will be good but now another update back to back!! So, you guys can imagine.

Indeed we saw around 20% rise in overall traffic. But I wish I could say the same for the number of downloads they have reduced. But there is also a fact that we haven't done any major updates for our apps. The ones that got updated have increased their downloads numbers but they were only those figures which were supposed to happen.
One thing that I am noticing is that with the favicons (in the SERP's) gone. Its really hard to keep track of our site's rankings.Tongue
When I search our products in Google its no-where to be found. But when we search through specification like Amazon or flipkart. They are appearing at the top.

Its like google is trying to kill the sales. By filling irrelevant results in place of actual products.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
[-] The following 1 user Likes batman's post:
  • frank