Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What should be the approach towards a content that needs to be updated??
Some old posts of mine gets pretty decent traffic. Even though they are outdated they still manage to get some hundred views from the search engines daily. Touching them will result in disrupting the good amount of traffic.

But I want to update the information as they are outdated heavily. What should be the approach here?
I don't see any problem here. Publish the re-written post. Then just link from the original one. Saying relevant pitch.

Keep the present post. Don't touch it. You might end up getting more than one position of the SERP's. Hearing by your situation my guess is that it will be pretty easy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes brian's post:
  • regp
You can add some new content and rewrite some part of the old content
You can add content in the existing content and publish it.
Don't do anything with existing content, just add a new one!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autofresh.in's post:
  • regp
This was one of the big changes we made in our approach to content at the beginning of the year, and our results have been spectacular.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClaudiaBrunson's post:
  • regp
@ClaudiaBrunson So after updating how was your site effected during the May and Dec updates?

And also can you explain your approach?!
@ClaudiaBrunson I would love to know too

"So after updating how was your site affected during the May and Dec updates? And also can you explain your approach?!"
(12-20-2019, 04:46 AM)regp Wrote: Some old posts of mine gets pretty decent traffic. Even though they are outdated they still manage to get some hundred views from the search engines daily. Touching them will result in disrupting the good amount of traffic.

But I want to update the information as they are outdated heavily. What should be the approach here?
update it however you want just use keywords appropriately.
you just need to make sure that your content from 2 years back still works like a charm in 2021 that is it