Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - December 2019
(12-05-2019, 04:07 PM)ksmith29 Wrote: @danni Well that is one way to put it.

Today fluctuations and traffic bounce was all over. But SEMrush today reported nothing.

Don't just rely ob one tool. Its just one metrics there are several others too such as the algoroo, RankRanger, SERPmetrics or Advanced web rankings.
Let me take a shot at this one..

Well, Google survives on services like Adwords, doubleclick etc. These are services dedicated for companies who can be found easily on the Google search engine.

Now lets say I do various SEO best practices and rank my keyword or website in the first 3 SERP, would I invest in Adwords ever? Now, imagine there are various players for the same doing the same. How would Google survive?

Hence, Google keeps updating its algorithm time and again.

Also, to this, they try to make search results easier and better for any user, hence the frequent update.
(12-06-2019, 10:32 AM)Goyum Wrote: Let me take a shot at this one..

Well, Google survives on services like Adwords, doubleclick etc. These are services dedicated for companies who can be found easily on the Google search engine.

Now lets say I do various SEO best practices and rank my keyword or website in the first 3 SERP, would I invest in Adwords ever? Now, imagine there are various players for the same doing the same. How would Google survive?

Hence, Google keeps updating its algorithm time and again.

Also, to this, they try to make search results easier and better for any user, hence the frequent update.

Nobody asked about why Google updates its algo!!!
Anyone seeing a bizarre rise in bot traffic? I am also seeing a lot of spammer activity since the last two days.
(12-07-2019, 03:51 AM)bpatel Wrote: Anyone seeing a bizarre rise in bot traffic? I am also seeing a lot of spammer activity since the last two days.

Yeah we saw some yesterday. But today is very quite even for a Saturday.
I don't know about you guys but I am seeing a lot of gain in traffic which were lost earlier this year.

This year was a mess sure but now its feeling like recovering. Although in case of Google it doesn't really does.
(12-07-2019, 04:13 PM)elliekushn Wrote: I don't know about you guys but I am seeing a lot of gain in traffic which were lost earlier this year.

This year was a mess sure but now its feeling like recovering. Although in case of Google it doesn't really does.

Yes some sites have gained traffic too. What is your niche?
The site which has gained traffic is in Arts and crafts niche. Basically its news and info site.
Apparently there was a bug in analytics today. And it disrupted all of our metrics. Google has now messed up analytics too!!
(12-09-2019, 04:01 PM)nehal91 Wrote: Apparently there was a bug in analytics today. And it disrupted all of our metrics. Google has now messed up analytics too!!

Is it fixed? Because one of my sites is showing wrong data for sure.