Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Is the exact match kw's loosing their value?
With the rise of the semantic search and Google's algo updates!! Do you guys think that exact match kw's are loosing their value.

The more and more Google is going to behave like a Q&A site, the more thir bots will be able to determine the actual contextual meaning and content of any page. So, I was kind of wondering that what do you guys think about it.
Well your thinking is not wrong. The more Google will evolve into a Q&A site the more it will understand the search query.

Although exact match kw's are never going to loose their importance. Its just that they will be dominated by the advertisers who are bidding for them. Getting ranked for them will be very hard which in turn will direct more, the users to use ads.

And God knows how Google is going to rank pages in the future if they don't consider links as a ranking factor.
[-] The following 3 users Like zeus's post:
  • lukejamie07, mediamonster, mgob
Well it is obvious that advertisers are gaining more importance. And the bigger the money amount you have the more importance you will get. Although you might want to try producing your content in different ways. Say if you have build a 5000 word long post then also build an infograph for it, or a video describing the content. It will be even better. Videos are gaining much importance now then ever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mediamonster's post:
  • mgob
(11-21-2019, 04:08 AM)mediamonster Wrote: Well it is obvious that advertisers are gaining for importance. And the bigger the money amount you have the more importance you will get. Although you might want to try producing your content in different ways. Say if you have build a 5000 word long post then also build an infograph for it, or a video describing the content. It will be even better. Videos are gaining much importance now then ever.

Thanks for the insights.

It will be difficult to produce content in different ways. And I agree videos are getting much more exposure. Not to mention very easily.
Google is using exact match keyword search but not as a basis because they are more on trying to understand the concept of the content rather than exact keyword phrase within the page.
(11-25-2019, 10:50 AM)steveposter Wrote: Google is using exact match keyword search but not as a basis because they are more on trying to understand the concept of the content rather than exact keyword phrase within the page.

They are more or less behaving like a Q&A site rather than a search engine!!Tongue
I don't use exact match keyword always. I use the keyword which fits with the sentence naturally. What I experienced is, we should not use the exact match keyword always. Sometimes we can use broad match keywords.
Exact match keywords will not lose their value as PPC will work its wonders for the companies that bid for a place in the relevant keywords.
Apart from that, I believe the future in Keywords is going to be long-tail keywords as more and more people will be specific about what they want from Google.
Exact match keywords exist in the long-tail as well.
Let us see what happens to that.
I agree. They're loosing it.