Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - November 2019
(11-22-2019, 04:42 AM)stcole Wrote: I haven't given much of any thoughts regarding this updates. Because there so many in the last couple of months.

But this one hit a nerve. I lost a huge chunk of traffic. Absolutely no discover/news traffic for the last couple of days or specifically to speak after last Friday.

It has happened in a very large scale. Almost every site I know who gets these traffic's are effected.
SEMrush is reporting over 3 in News niche today. It would have been due to this.

Anyway these days SEMrush reports almost nothing. And above 3 in News niche is also not new but so far this week I have seen it below 3, so there's that.
(11-22-2019, 04:28 PM)elliekushn Wrote: SEMrush is reporting over 3 in News niche today. It would have been due to this.

Anyway these days SEMrush reports almost nothing. And above 3 in News niche is also not new but so far this week I have seen it below 3, so there's that.

Well I didn't noticed that it was reporting below 3??!!!

Anyway, weird things happening in the SERP's. One of our site maintains good amount of quality content, it is unique in their niche (news & current affairs) because it produces reviews in general way to say.

Now some people took the content and reproduced it, which is not odd but what can I say they did a terrible job. A child can figure out between them which is the original. But Google is unable to determine it.

Those reproduced content are ranking at the top and the original copy is nowhere to be found in the SERP's.
[-] The following 1 user Likes limbo's post:
  • ksmith29
@limbo you are right. And today su*ked traffic wise.

One of our site got back its rank. I mean it got even better. It was ranking at the third or fourth position and now its on top. But that's the weird part, traffic became zero as soon as in went to the top.
(11-23-2019, 04:05 PM)ksmith29 Wrote: @limbo you are right. And today su*ked traffic wise.

One of our site got back its rank. I mean it got even better. It was ranking at the third or fourth position and now its on top. But that's the weird part, traffic became zero as soon as in went to the top.

Gained rankings or not. Today loss was imminent because weekends ahead. And in our niche traffic stops at weekends.
Yeah, its true in happens many niches. Anyway let us know on Monday.
Traffic was crushed before but now squeezed after Friday.
Today I woke up and saw the SERP's. Its like a time-travel, they were the same which I saw 12 years or 15 years earlier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes white knight's post:
  • vk_lord
Yeah, I know the feeling @WK I myself felt it too.
(11-25-2019, 04:14 PM)white knight Wrote: Today I woke up and saw the SERP's. Its like a time-travel, they were the same which I saw 12 years or 15 years earlier.

Most of us noticed it too. Then again the traffic fell. And not just fell my numbers I mean become zero at some point. Although today's event make me wonder how google is keeping data for such old queries.