Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Share Thread:
Google SERP Changes & Algorithm Updates - November 2019
As per request I am creating this thread to discuss about Google SERP Changes & its Algorithm Updates.
[-] The following 2 users Like brian's post:
  • limbo, mediadrug
Thanks for the thread Brian.

Anyway, G bots and zombie traffic are back. In many cases they are all eating up the site's bandwidth. If this continues I have to block them through htaccess file. What should I do else any suggestions??
(11-18-2019, 04:38 AM)mediadrug Wrote: Thanks for the thread Brian.

Anyway, G bots and zombie traffic are back. In many cases they are all eating up the site's bandwidth. If this continues I have to block them through htaccess file. What should I do else any suggestions??

I was also thinking about the same thing for two of my sites. As they never get much traffic from Google yet they were getting too much bot traffic that they could handle.

But this was Friday. Then on Saturday everything started to loosen up and then finally got settled yesterday. I would suggest that before start panicking and doing something that you might regret in the near future, give it a little time first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes anush's post:
  • limbo
I am seeing 20% rise in traffic this weekend. Yeah got hit by bots too. But they never stayed too long in my sites. Is this some kind of reverse algorithm to the algos that were implemented previously this month??

Because many kw's that lost ranking have started to gain ranks and hence traffic. So, far no full recovery but if this continues then soon it will be.
We are suggesting all of our clients to reduce adwords budget. Because its probably a waste of money and effort. They are getting clicks but the click rates are pretty high then usual and the conversions are also low.

We are telling them when everything will be alright or close to good we will let them know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes limbo's post:
  • supaul
Our own kw cost us probably between $10-$17. Now its up to $25-$40.
(11-18-2019, 02:29 PM)limbo Wrote: We are suggesting all of our clients to reduce adwords budget. Because its probably a waste of money and effort. They are getting clicks but the click rates are pretty high then usual and the conversions are also low.

We are telling them when everything will be alright or close to good we will let them know.

I thought you provide PPC services as well.
@supaul I feel your pain. Even though it should felt so badly if the conversions were right. But its not.

@danni We do. We just don't provide PPC or SEO to all of our clients. But everybody can consult.
On Sunday we saw a huge spike in traffic from US. Usually on Sundays it happens but when you get more 2-3k visits when you are used to only a couple of hundreds it tends to get your attention!!

So, I check logs and analytics. All I could find is that they were direct traffic. And in the logs it seems that the traffic came alright but my site didn't even get the chance to load in whole. Later I dug deeper in analytics and found that all of this traffic has been originated from google.com, and they got redirected to my page somehow.
Has anyone gained any traffic after this recent messy update?