Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Does no-follow links have more value than ugc and/or sponsored links?
I am confused about it. As Google has released all these new attributes.

So, plain no-follow links will have more value than ugc or sponsored links? or, will they have all the same value?
The way I see it.

Links which passes link juice helps sites to get ranked. No-follow links doesn't passes link juice to the pointed site so hence they do not help in ranking. But a link is always a link and it will be counted as vote. So, basically Google is categorizing all these link types so it can determine which votes to prioritize and which to ignore or give lesser importance.

In a niche where all links are sponsored and/or user generated a plain no-follow no-opener link will also make a difference now. Which was not the case previously.
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank's post:
  • limbo
(11-02-2019, 05:40 AM)frank Wrote: The way I see it.

Links which passes link juice helps sites to get ranked. No-follow links doesn't passes link juice to the pointed site so hence they do not help in ranking. But a link is always a link and it will be counted as vote. So, basically Google is categorizing all these link types so it can determine which votes to prioritize and which to ignore or give lesser importance.

In a niche where all links are sponsored and/or user generated a plain no-follow no-opener link will also make a difference now. Which was not the case previously.

Basically Google wants us to do their job for them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes limbo's post:
  • ksmith29
Recent updates were a mess including BERT. And I wouldn't bother them much Because they are all no-follow.
(11-03-2019, 04:23 PM)lordp Wrote: Recent updates were a mess including BERT. And I wouldn't bother them much Because they are all no-follow.

But yet we have to bothered with.
We all know that no follow does not pass link juice but from the update of Google they are now considering these links depending on its relevancy and engagement.
(11-08-2019, 05:57 AM)steveposter Wrote: We all know that no follow does not pass link juice but from the update of Google they are now considering these links depending on its relevancy and engagement.

What relevancy and engagement? Its about attributes.