Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Google's new rel="sponsored" attribute, good or bad?
Yesterday Google announced that from next year, it will use the rel="sponsored" attribute in order to identify and understand the paid links. What do you guys think about it apart from just being no-follow?
I don't think that it is going to effect much on anything. Because while clicking away a user doesn't necessarily check whether the links is no-follow or something else.

Ask yourself this how many time while genuinely browsing the web you check the link attribute carefully??!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ksmith29's post:
  • mediamonster
What I heard that its about no-follow attribute.
Some are saying that all these fuss is for nothing. More or less its just the same.
Google says there is no wrong attribute to use except in the case of sponsored links. If a link is marked as sponsored when it's not actually part of an ad or sponsorship, then the impact will be lessened.
You people are thinking way too much then it is actually needed.
What I don't understand is that why it is so big of a deal anyway?
All the community boards have started working on making their links UGC.