Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Can a link from single site hurt?
Can a link from single site hurt? Is it really possible?
Yeah, I am afraid so that can happen. Google ignores low quality and irrelevant links ofcourse. But also there many types of links some can really hurt your site.
So, are you hit or are you suspecting something?
(07-29-2019, 05:10 PM)limbo Wrote: So, are you hit or are you suspecting something?

Yup one link which is acquired by the way is concerning me.
If you get penalty with single link, you can disavow that link from google webmaster. Also, you can not do that, this link would be ignore after making few more good link for same website. Your previous ranking will reflect soon on same position.
(07-30-2019, 05:00 AM)digvijaybook Wrote: If you get penalty with single link, you can disavow that link from google webmaster. Also, you can not do that, this link would be ignore after making few more good link for same website. Your previous ranking will reflect soon on same position.

It will be completely ridiculous to wait for a penalty. If the link is already been identified then I would strongly suggest to use the disavow tool.

A penalty can take several moths to remove. So, better be safe then sorry.
Ok, so I disavowed it, now what?
Now, there is nothing to do. You just have to wait. I am assuming that you are not hit by any penalty already.
Nope, I wasn't hit. I was just concerned about one link and later confirmed (well most of the way) that the link is going to harm my site.
How did you identified it? That it was going to harm?