Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Just bought an old domain in our niche
I just bought a very old domain in our niche. Its almost 20 years old. And it has got some good links too. But don't know how to proceed now. Any advices??!!
A site that old must have many links both good and bad.

And how do you know that the live links that are pointed towards it now are good? Also have you checked the domain's history? I mean if the site has good links then why the owner let go of it? A domain as such can be priced upto many thousands. How much did you actually pay for it?
[-] The following 1 user Likes frank's post:
  • ksmith29
The first thing that poped into my mind is how much did you pay for it?

And also to get some effective suggestion please answer what 'Frank' asked.
Paid almost $500 for it. The owner is not interested in building a site so he sold it. He had bought last year. A couple of good links are present I have got them checked. And no the domain has no negative (penalties & what not's) or concerning things.
It's a bit priced. But since it is 20 years old I guess its worth it. Tell more about the things you have done to test. If you are not comfortable here in posting then you can just PM me.
What is your niche exactly? $500 for a domain. It has to have many good links to be priced that high even if its 20 years old.