Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Article Directories for Link building
I would like to know how useful are the links from different article directories, now-a-days in the age of penguin 2.0??
nick23 Wrote:I would like to know how useful are the links from different article directories, now-a-days in the age of penguin 2.0??
Presently, Google does less care about article directory links as the sole purpose of the article directories have become only to build links and nothing else. It can't be said that they had become extinct but they have less value.
That being said, you have to use your discretion when getting a link from a directory. The first piece of advice is, look for inner page rank. You are not going to get a home page link from your directory, but rather a categorical one. If you are able to get into the right directories it is going to have an impact on your SEO. For instance, DMoZ the open directory project still passes a lot of link juice. Also business.com, and Yahoo directory still have a lot of authority and are not viewed as spam link farms. Look to get into those directories which cost money, as this usually weeds out the spam.

Also try local listings. This is especially true if you have a business to go with your website. Google plus local business pages, yahoo local listings, dex, etc. all work well. Avoid link farms at all costs!
Article submission & Directory submission is very important for link building.
I am actually doing submission of articles and directories until now. My friend told me to stop submitting directories and articles because it's now spammy and be penalized by Google Penguin. I don't think that's its true, because this is how they started.
Submitting your articles to article directories can become very beneficial for your website's popularity.
Article submission in directories are effective to build backlinks for your website. They are useful to promote your content in search engines and get a handful of traffic from various external webpages.
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
I am writing good article and post that articles in my industry article directories and it works for me.
Article directories is most important for the link building. Its is used to increase the traffic and some passes the information to latest news update.