Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Are the .edu links important?
I am confused. Some suggest they are important, some they are not.

As, I know domains arn't much of an issue these days apart from user experience. What do you guys think?
A link from .edu domain doesn't automatically makes it of high authority. It depends on the site.

Usually .edu domain belonged only to colleges and schools who are regarded as authority. So a link from them obviously gained the referred site advantage. But now its not the case. People often buy .edu domain built sites on it whether they from an academic background or not.

So, ultimately it all comes to the factor that how is the host site after all.
Some are and some are not important. It depends on the scenario.
(05-23-2019, 04:14 AM)lucky91 Wrote: I am confused. Some suggest they are important, some they are not.

As, I know domains arn't much of an issue these days apart from user experience. What do you guys think?

Why are you getting any of these links?
Actually I am getting links from edu domains not from sites which are of universities or colleges.

A friend of mine own's a couple of these domains and he said I can get links from them.
They will certainly won't hurt you. But also they won't help you either much.
These sites are they ranking for anything?
There are many sites where I can get links from.

But 3 of them are well ranking and holds several top positions in Google search for tutorials and such things. So, I am considering those three.
It’s hard to say edu. links would improve ranking or not. Keep focus on build link from relevant sites.
Yes, .edu links can be trusted links. These .edu domains are often valuable sites to have to link to you because they can carry a lot of authority and sometimes positively influence search engine results.
Local SEO | Local SEO Services[url=https://www.seoninja.com][/url]