Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Two pages almost same but I want one of them to rank
I hope my title is right and understandable.

Both pages should exist. Content is more or less same yet different to some point. How to get one of them to rank? Ofcourse the page of my choice.
Use canonical tag for the page. Go to Google and search or them. Moz has a great article about them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lazylord's post:
  • batman
Why are you using duplicate content ? I think better way for unique page.
(05-17-2019, 12:18 PM)seojesica Wrote: Why are you using duplicate content ? I think better way for unique page.

Can't you just read what OP said?? Angry

It cannot be unique.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lazylord's post:
  • supaul
(05-17-2019, 04:28 PM)lazylord Wrote: Can't you just read what OP said?? Angry

It cannot be unique.

Ignore it man!!

It looks like an automated message.
Canonical tags is the solution.
[-] The following 1 user Likes anush's post:
  • batman
I agree with Anush here. But you must use them correctly.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
(05-18-2019, 04:24 PM)batman Wrote: I agree with Anush here. But you must use them correctly.

Yes, its to be done right ofcourse.
(05-17-2019, 12:18 PM)seojesica Wrote: Why are you using duplicate content ? I think better way for unique page.

You’re “cannibalizing” your own results – you’re splitting CTR, links, content, and (often) conversions between two pages that should be one.
Hi tallgrass,
You can use canonical tag to overcome this issue.

(08-23-2019, 09:23 AM)rakesh7291 Wrote: Hi tallgrass,
You can use canonical tag to overcome this issue.Because canonical tag is a way of telling search engines that a specific URL represents the master copy of a page and prevents problems caused by identical or "duplicate" content appearing on multiple page.