Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Same content with different titles
Its been bugging me for quite some time now.

In my site I have two pages whose content is more or less the same except their titles. The thing here is the content base is same including the beginning, the middle but they can be concluded into two types of articles. Even they share a common infograph.

How google is going to take it? Share some thoughts please.
If they can be represented as two separate articles then I don't think that there shall be any problem. However, the alt text of the infograph can create problems. As the infograph will share two different tags. So, I will say that remove the infograpgh from one of the article or just remove it from both of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zeus's post:
  • avinash29
I would suggest that rewrite them. Don't put exactly the same articles even though the endings are different.
[-] The following 1 user Likes brian's post:
  • avinash29
Google algorithm may treat the content as duplicate here and even lower the ranking for both the pages. Hence, it is better to use different content for both the pages even if the beginning and middle are the same. Also, avoid using the same infographics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sysamic's post:
  • avinash29
(05-10-2019, 06:47 AM)Sysamic Wrote: Google algorithm may treat the content as duplicate here and even lower the ranking for both the pages. Hence, it is better to use different content for both the pages even if the beginning and middle are the same. Also, avoid using the same infographics.

If its rewrited carefully then there is no way even the beginning and middle will be the same.
Duplicate content is not an issue these days. Unless it is copied A to Z.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
[-] The following 1 user Likes batman's post:
  • avinash29
Thanks for the info guys. Really appreciate it.
There are similar discussions regarding this topic. You find them in the 'SEO General' sub-forum.