Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Does Domain Age matters?
I have got two domains in hand. One is very aged and other one is new. The new one is keyword based so it will generate some easy traffic. So, here lies the dilemma which one should I choose. Does the aged one has upper hand in SEO?
Domain age doesn't matter. What matters is their link profile!!!

What kind of links does these domains have??
[-] The following 1 user Likes mediamonster's post:
  • lata21
(02-07-2019, 04:32 AM)anush29 Wrote: I have got two domains in hand. One is very aged and other one is new. The new one is keyword based so it will generate some easy traffic. So, here lies the dilemma which one should I choose. Does the aged one has upper hand in SEO?

I used to foolishly believe that age is a factor too.

But after some research I found that it doesn't matter at all.

DA may depend on it. But DA is a third party metrics. So, you yourself go figure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lata21's post:
  • Autofresh.in
Agreed with the user Lata21. DA is a third party matric. and if your new site is performing well, focus on it and improve it Smile
Yes, it is very important. After Page rank dead DA and PA are most important part of Google Algorithm. If your website DA is high it means you are good in Google Eye and someday you will get a gift from Google.
(02-10-2019, 01:24 PM)abhinavsingh01 Wrote: Yes, it is very important. After Page rank dead DA and PA are most important part of Google Algorithm. If your website DA is high it means you are good in Google Eye and someday you will get a gift from Google.

What is wrong with you people? Stop telling useless information.

Ask yourself this question first. How can a third party metrics have any effect in the Google SERP's?

And second of all Google has its own PR. It may be not publicly visible anymore but surely Google uses it for its own purposes.
The URL must thus refer to the brand, and especially to the site to which it refers. It must be relevant to the business activity and ideally be the same as the title of the website. It is also advisable to create a short domain name (15-20 characters), and without too many dashes - thus, it will be easily memorable by the visitors who will return more easily on the site.
(02-13-2019, 09:24 AM)ademar Wrote: The URL must thus refer to the brand, and especially to the site to which it refers. It must be relevant to the business activity and ideally be the same as the title of the website. It is also advisable to create a short domain name (15-20 characters), and without too many dashes - thus, it will be easily memorable by the visitors who will return more easily on the site.

OP doesn't care about the name.

OP asked about the age.
Yes. domain age matters a lot in SEO.
Yes, domain age is matters in SEO because if you have a domain which is 10 year old. So, google will not find it as compared to which domain you brought yesterday.