Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Highing up Content Quality for a forum
Recently, I have been told that in our support forum the content quality is falling.

The person who suggested me said that the posts are not insightful enough. They are just saying need to know basis information.

How can we improve it?
Your answer is in the question itself. The person who suggested it also provided you the answer with, don't you get it.

You have to publish quality posts with more insight. Just providing an information which solves a problem isn't enough these days. A post must resolve the situation permanently and also provide more information if the situation like that rises again.

Since yours is a support forum. I am guessing there isn't much to share. So, here is a food for thought. Ask your members what they want. Are they satisfied with your support or not? Only your audience can help you really in this type of situation.

Forums are big sites they are not like blog. Only posting discussions and topics which are needed isn't going to cut to the chase. You have to share information about your niche too. Articles that helps everyone in your niche. By this you will not only gain trust but also gain new customers for your product too.

I hope it helps.
Excellently explained Brian.

Create content which is actionable. Insightful content doesn't mean that it has to be long. It means it has to be long enough to serve its purpose.

And also remember that you are managing a forum. And in a site like this everyone can't be make happy. So, bother if a single person is complaining. Don't take any actions if it isn't a handful number of members saying it.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
Thanks for the replies guys.

I was a bit confused he said about insightful post. If a post is already delivering the whole information then what else is needed right?
supaul Wrote:Thanks for the replies guys.

I was a bit confused he said about insightful post. If a post is already delivering the whole information then what else is needed right?

Its a relative term. If you care about your audience then you will tell them what they needed to hear and also how they needed to hear it.
Basically create content which actually helps users. Insightful or not, let them be the judge of it.
frank Wrote:Basically create content which actually helps users. Insightful or not, let them be the judge of it.

I always agree on this. But as the user suggested me I got confused.
supaul Wrote:
frank Wrote:Basically create content which actually helps users. Insightful or not, let them be the judge of it.

I always agree on this. But as the user suggested me I got confused.

Don't panic just build a good sense of community. Where people know what they are doing and everything will be alright.
I AM AGREE ON THIS BUT I AM LITTLE BIT CONFUSUED ABOUT IT.
(03-16-2023, 09:48 AM)anshuhim Wrote: I AM AGREE ON THIS BUT I AM LITTLE BIT CONFUSUED ABOUT IT.

What are you confused about?