Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Is cloaking the anchor text keyword, a good idea?
Is cloaking the anchor text keyword, a good idea?
Well it depends. If your publish an article and in it, write 'to read more click here' then obviously 'here' will be your anchor text.

Or, if you say 'here is another article about xyz (where xyz is the keyword phrase) that I published earlier' then 'xyz' keyword becomes the anchor text. But its preferred that you don't cloak them unnecessarily.
To some extents, only if you're cloaking a resembling anchor text keyword. But would not recommend if you're asking about doing just opposite, as it comes under black hat techniques. And the black hat could cost you and you may lose your site.
Sysamic Wrote:To some extents, only if you're cloaking a resembling anchor text keyword. But would not recommend if you're asking about doing just opposite, as it comes under black hat techniques. And the black hat could cost you and you may lose your site.

I agree to some point it can be done. But else than that is just dangerous.
Its not at all beneficial to cloak your anchor text.
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
Well it depends sometimes cloaking is better than the naked links which are just left alone.
Cloaking is never a better option but it can be availed for some circumstances.
Hi,

No, cloaking the anchor text keyword is not a good idea. It can affect your website SEO.