Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Same site having mutiple language pages
Say, a site which is in mainly German language. Now, there are some pages which cannot be changed to German, they must be in English. Even the audience like them in English or prefer them as you may say.

So, my query is here. How can I resolve this issue? I mean make the entire site in German and few pages in English just to serve a purpose of their own or two. And also how this is going to effect my SEO of the entire site? Negatively or positively.
Now here are few options for you.

- First one that you should make other sub-domains for those pages. In this way they will be easy to handle. But I don't recommend it because search engines considers sub-domains as other domains & for few pages you have to do their SEO from scratch.

- Second option will be that you create sub-directory or category for those pages such as "/nl" or "/en-us" under the root domain. But if the pages doesn't represent any sub-category then it will be irrelevant.

- The next thing you can do is to define the individual page as their respective language under their own html code. Which I am suggesting you do it. It will look like this:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>

Just change the language type each time as per your need in the page's.
ksmith29 Wrote:Now here are few options for you.

- First one that you should make other sub-domains for those pages. In this way they will be easy to handle. But I don't recommend it because search engines considers sub-domains as other domains & for few pages you have to do their SEO from scratch.

- Second option will be that you create sub-directory or category for those pages such as "/nl" or "/en-us" under the root domain. But if the pages doesn't represent any sub-category then it will be irrelevant.

- The next thing you can do is to define the individual page as their respective language under their own html code. Which I am suggesting you do it. It will look like this:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>

Just change the language type each time as per your need in the page's.

I would most likely go with the third one.

First two are unrealistic for just a page or two. Anyway, good information.

And to OP I say. Just updating the page or creating a category or a sub-domain isn't going to solve everything. You have make sure that everything is properly accessible and indexable quickly. Once you have updated check and recheck all things.
Creating subdomains is also a good option for multiple landing pages of the same site.
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
RH-Calvin Wrote:Creating subdomains is also a good option for multiple landing pages of the same site.

Its not a good idea at all. Sub-domains are considered as separate domains so OP has to do all the SEO work starting from the very beginning.