Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Does Site Structure impact on Sales??
I have a query regarding conversion. Recently I came across a site which sales music/audio equipments. On the homepage it is like any search engine where you have to type for your product then it will lead to a page where you will get the list of sub-categories of the product. On that page you will have to click on that and it will lead you to the available brands which are providing that item.

That site does not have any direct link from the homepage or landing page to the product page or brand page. I was just wondering that the navigation and overall structure of the site is pretty complex, so aren't these factors effecting the sales of the site??
By reading your post I think that the site structure is hectic. Yeah, it does effect on the sales. Users does not find these amusing. According to me this type of site structure only goes well unless if you have a huge product selling site such as ebay. There are huge number of products along with categories, sub-categories and brands all of the primary product names cannot be shown on the homepage so a search option comes handy.
Yeah, that's right site structure and navigation directly effects on the site's performance and conversions from it.
My opinion in this regard is if a customer comes to your site knowing the fact that it is selling something that means he/she has already make up his/her mind to purchase, then don't give the time or opportunity to change their mind.
Site structure always depends when it comes to customer engagement and it effects directly the conversions too.