Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blog is present, should I add a forum too?
You have blog for the support for our products. They provide general FAQ's.

Now here is the query should we or should we not add a forum to interact with your audience more frequently and more exclusively?
It totally depends on the needs of your clients. If they need then why not. And if they don't need it actually but you created it anyway just as you thought they need it then. It will be a complete waste of time and resources because unlike blogs forums are a different kind of beast.
zeus Wrote:It totally depends on the needs of your clients. If they need then why not. And if they don't need it actually but you created it anyway just as you thought they need it then. It will be a complete waste of time and resources because unlike blogs forums are a different kind of beast.

How should I know specifically?
Ask yourself this question. Are your emails overflowing with customers emails, are you helplines continuously ringing, does your customers always trying to contact you even though the question they are asking are simply basic, etc.
If you are asking for promoting your website then forum is not an essential factor if you have a blog already. A blog with regular updates will help to benefit your webpage ranking in search engines.
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
RH-Calvin Wrote:If you are asking for promoting your website then forum is not an essential factor if you have a blog already. A blog with regular updates will help to benefit your webpage ranking in search engines.

Its not that blog posts will rank and forum posts won't. Its only that forums are very difficult to get ranked rather than a blog posts. Which you can get ranked almost overnight.
I am starting a survey to see whether my audience need a forum or not. I will keep you guys in the loop.