Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
How to defend yourself against an ongoing negative SEO campa
Who is attacking you?
There are a variety of ways to unmask the people targeting you and your site with a negative SEO attack.
Inbound linksfavourite your favorite link analysis tool, you will need to segment the links you expect to have (your old links) to the new ones you believe are coming from an attack.
Injected content and links
If someone has managed to modify your existing site, you will need access to your server logs to determine which internet protocols (IPs) were used for the content or link injection. Some attackers hide the activities behind a series of proxies, but occasionally they slip up and don’t do so, which makes them much easier to find.
Comment spam
Comment spam links are usually built in one of two ways: manually or by using a spamming software. What makes data collection and interpretation easier when it comes to comment spam is the ability you have to access server logs and isolate which IPs were used in the posting attempts.
Hotlinking
Hotlinking can be hard to notice until a lot of damage has been done. It’s a practice that can negatively affect your site’s performance, since people embed your images on their site by linking directly to them.
User signals
While not an ideal situation by any means, the best part of someone manipulating user signals is the trail they leave behind.
Time to make changes
I have listed the more common negative SEO attack vectors, but for the purposes of introductory data collection, this is enough.
The most important factor that has to be dealt with carefully is the link spam. Often people build bad links for their competitors in order to get rid of the competition.
This information is helpful but could you add more explanation.
very useful and informative article, thanks for sharing it with us. Keep writing such useful articles.