Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Link Building by Blog Commenting
Is link building by blog commenting still a effective way to build good links in this age of google panda and penguin??
I do not prefer it personally though but i think that its okay if done the right way.
"IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT, FAKE IT"
There is a right way to do it, and a wrong way. Askimet is a wordpress plug in that stops a great deal of comment spam automatically. If you are looking to add blog links realize that almost every good blog has a default nofollow setting. Does this mean that you shouldn't build them? No. There are two benefits to throwing in a link to a blog comment. First, nofollow links are actually necessary. If you have a great deal of dofollow links, with very few nofollow links in your link profile you are risking penalty because it looks unnatural to google and other search engines.

Next, if that blog gets a ton of traffic, and you are one of the first ones to comment then you can get a bit of residual traffic to your site. However, do not throw irrelevant links into the comments, obviously. Otherwise, they will probably not get approved and published. Actually read the post and find a way to interact with the readers via your comment.
Yes, blog commenting is very effective way to build links.
PK357 Wrote:There is a right way to do it, and a wrong way. Askimet is a wordpress plug in that stops a great deal of comment spam automatically. If you are looking to add blog links realize that almost every good blog has a default nofollow setting. Does this mean that you shouldn't build them? No. There are two benefits to throwing in a link to a blog comment. First, nofollow links are actually necessary. If you have a great deal of dofollow links, with very few nofollow links in your link profile you are risking penalty because it looks unnatural to google and other search engines.

Next, if that blog gets a ton of traffic, and you are one of the first ones to comment then you can get a bit of residual traffic to your site. However, do not throw irrelevant links into the comments, obviously. Otherwise, they will probably not get approved and published. Actually read the post and find a way to interact with the readers via your comment.

I agree with you!