Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What's the significance of Robots.txt file in a website?
What's the significance of Robots.txt file in a website?
A robots.txt file prevents the search engine to follow your website page which is disallowed by using a command.
Robots.txt file isn't much of an importance now-a-days. If you have a clear navigation in your site then search engines will crawl and index you anyway.
Robots.txt generator tells the search engines which pages to access and index on your website and which pages not to index on your website. In Robots.txt we give user agent * Here User indicates the US, and the Search engine is our agent by (* Mark ) we are saying them to allow or Disallow the coding language.

For Example :

User-agent: *
Disallow: /wp-admin/
Allow: /wp-content/uploads/
Major Role of Robots file are :

Before starting to crawl our website, search engine spiders go through the robots.txt file. In this file the bots are execution orders that will allow us:

Deny access to certain pages or directories in order to avoid indexing.
Not allow certain parts of the code of our website to be indexed.
Avoid the indexing of duplicate content caused by parameters or pages for example.
Show the XML sitemap to facilitate the tracking of the web.