Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What is the difference between Nofollow and No-indexing?
What is the difference between Nofollow and No-indexing?
No-Follow asks search engines to see the link, but not to follow it to the next site or page. Kind of a “hey look at me! I’m here! (waving.)”

No-index is like someone standing there with a sign that says, “nothing here. keep moving. nothing to look at. have a nice day.”
dofollow - you are telling search engines (bots / spiders) to follow the link and crawl the link.

nofollow is you are barring them from going to the next page.
Here is the easiest answer out of all..

In order to explain you Nofollow and No-Indexing, you need to understand the Dollow and Indexing too..

DoFollow & NoFollow:

The above are two different links of link. When you are linking to another site on your site or blog you get the ability to add a special HTML tag:

rel=”nofollow”

..by default, if you link to any site, they are set as Dofollow. If you want to Nofollow some link then you will have to add the above “rel” in the Ahref tag.

When you Dofollow any site, you are basically telling Google that these links are extremely important.

When you NoFollow any site, you are basically telling Google that these links are important, but I won’t pass any link juice to that site.

Indexing & No-Indexing:

When you build your site, you get a special meta tag which has the noindex option.

What does that mean?

You are telling the search engine not to index your website on the search. Generally people who are into online business generally only use noindex at the time of development & testing.

In a Nutshell:

Use DoFollow links if you fell the links are important
Use NoFollow links if you fell, you don’t want to pass the juice.
Use meta noindex only if you are developing your site and want it on the live server. (or it’s an application page)
Use meta index to tell search engines to index your site.