Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Difference between Bounce rate and Exit rate?
Difference between Bounce rate and Exit rate?
Bounce rate is the percentage of people who landed on a page and immediately left. Bounces are always one page sessions.

Exit rate is the percentage of people who left your site from that page. Exits may have viewed more than one page in a session. That means they may not have landed on that page, but simply found their way to it through site navigation.
Bounce Rate is the internet marketing term that is used in web traffic analysis. It represents the percentage of visitors who enter the site, visits only single page and then leave,i.e, bounce , rather than continuing to visit other sites.
Whereas, exit rate refers to the percentage of visitors who left your site from that page. These visitors may have viewed more than one page. This means they may not have landed on that page, but simply found their way to it through site navigation.
-> Exit Rate is the percentage that were the last in the session.
-> Bounce Rate for a page is based only on sessions that start with that page.
Exit rate as a term used in web site traffic analysis (sometimes confused with bounce rate) is the percentage of visitors to a site who actively click away to a different site from a specific page, after possibly having visited any other pages on the site.
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
Bounce rate: It is percentage of people who visited a page and immediately left.
Exit rate: It is percentage of people who left your site from that page.

Both exit rate and bounce rate should not be high. If it so, it reveals that there are some problems with your site.