Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Blog in one sub-domain and supprt forum at another
We have a support forum in one of our sub-domain which has earned many links over past couple of years. Now we have started a blog in another sub-domain. Will the links on the support forum's sub-domain help us rank for the blog?
Those link will not help you in order to get your blog ranked.

See, here is a fun fact. Search engines see sub-domains as separate domains. So, you have to build links separately for your blog.
I have this dilemma a few months back. Just like Brian said the sub-domains are considered as separate domains so those links can't help you much. You have to build a new links profile now. But its not that hard you know blogs are easy to rank and moreover if you have a successful forum community already up and running then it will get visits no matter what.
Thanks for the insightful information guys. Really appreciate it.
I know the answers here are already sufficient but I just wanted to add one thing.

Think of it as gmail, adwords, adsense etc. They are all separate sites but under one mother site Google. So, link from either sites will not help the other one.