Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Site Penalized by Google for Thin Content
One of my site is penalized by Google for thin content. What should I do? I am facing a Manual Action Penalty now. Actually I am having hard time understanding the concept of 'thin' content here.
The concept of thin content is pretty clear. It means that your content doesn't add value.

Always remember thin content doesn't get accounted because you have a low word count in your article but for the weight of information that you are delivering to your audience. You can put out a 1000 word article and say the same thing that other bloggers or marketers say by using alternative words. But it will be detected as thin content.

The article which will be not detected as thin content is the one which may have word count of 100 but purely delivers useful and actionable information to its viewers.
Paul Wrote:The concept of thin content is pretty clear. It means that your content doesn't add value.

Always remember thin content doesn't get accounted because you have a low word count in your article but for the weight of information that you are delivering to your audience. You can put out a 1000 word article and say the same thing that other bloggers or marketers say by using alternative words. But it will be detected as thin content.

The article which will be not detected as thin content is the one which may have word count of 100 but purely delivers useful and actionable information to its viewers.

I agree with you.

Listen the fact we are telling you about adding value to the content. Doesn't necessarily mean that it has to be 100% unique. No content is 100% no matter what other marketers will say to you.

Its just that their presentation that gets count everytime. You add some value from yours end and represent in your own way.