Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
What is the difference between Nofollow and No-indexing?
What is the difference between Nofollow and No-indexing?
Nofollow links are those which has rel='nofollow' tags in their ahref tags. And passes no link juice.

And No-indexing means You are telling the search engine not to index your website on the search. Generally people who are into online business generally only use noindex at the time of development & testing.
No follow links are those in which you create links for your website but adding no follow tags so that google can not crawl your link.

No Index links are those who are not indexed in google yet.
sammyking Wrote:What is the difference between Nofollow and No-indexing?
Nofollow means your backlinks from others websites will not be crawled from Google while noindex means your links will not be listed or appeared on GG search engine. IMO
daica85 Wrote:
sammyking Wrote:What is the difference between Nofollow and No-indexing?
Nofollow means your backlinks from others websites will not be crawled from Google while noindex means your links will not be listed or appear on GG search engine. IMO

Nice reply in one sentence.
no follow links are not followed by search engine crawlers and if you want any content on your website to be not indexed by search engines you need to use robot.txt tag.
RankFirstHosting.Com | SEO Hosting with Multiple C-class IPs
Shared SEO Hosting | VPS SEO Hosting | Dedicated SEO Hosting
Links in blog comments – If you took the time writing a valuable blog post for your website, you do not want a competitor or link spammer to be able to add an unhelpful comment to your blog post with a link to his/her own website that says something like “Great blog. I also wrote a blog about this hot topic” and include a link back to his/her webpage so that s/he benefits from the link that person just added from your website to his/her own. If that link is set to “no follow”, a link spammer can tell that ahead of time and may not bother adding a “Great blog” comment to your blog post knowing there is no SEO value to gain from doing so.
No index, no follow implies that the search engine robots do not crawl the particular link or webpage. This ensures that the webpage or the link is never indexed in Google. No follow is a link attribute that instructs spiders not to crawl the particular backlink on the webpage. Hence these links are never indexed in search engines. They are only used to build traffic from various external webpages.
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
The noindex directive is an often used value in a meta tag that can be added to the HTML source code of a webpage to suggest to search engines (most notably Google) to not include that particular page in its list of search results.
"noindex” suggests to look engines (most conspicuously Google) not to basis a specific webpage.
“nofollow” suggests to look engines (most conspicuously Google) not to canyon articulation disinterestedness through links on a webpage.