Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
My common mistakes when I did SEO for the first time
This article is written in order to send to me 3 years ago and every other young people who want to participate in SEO field for the first time. After struggling on the messy internet few years, I realised that the most crucial thing with beginners is not how to looking for and learn knowledge about SEO, it’s about how to look for and learn proper knowledge of SEO as I (also you) found out a ton of information about search engine optimization from a thousand sources but I didn’t know what I have to to with them, determine which is wrong or right, and how to learn them. I think you’re too, so I write this article in order that you would be more insights and choose the appropriate road. I hope this list would help you recognize your mistake and walk you through right way

Beginners tend to minimize this step as much as possible and hastily want to do the follow-up like building a website or placing some backlinks in somewhere. If they’re lucky enough, they might find some proper keywords. But the majority of situations, the output would be like a disaster. Do you want to focus on highly competitive keywords so that when you search them on google you could see nothing but Amazon, Bestbuy or Ebay? Or, do you want to rank keywords that nobody’s looking for? If the answer is no, do research as detailed as you can.

2. Pay attention too much about Search Engine
So, when thinking about SEO, we usually think about how to be indexed by google fastly, how we place internal links in the right place at the right time, or what we need to do in order to be crawled easily etc. Of course, you’ll have to think about and solve them, but not too much in the beginning of the process when you’re beginner. Because the first and only thing you should care is your users – people who will read your website. And by caring your users you’ll know what to do. I’ll put it this way:
When you click into a website, do you want to see an article exactly like the one you met on another site? Or read some information is outdated enough so it is qualified to be exhibited in the museum? And this situation, Sunday morning, you lazily lay in bed with a smartphone, you go to facebook and your friend is sharing a super hot news about your idol, then you click that link to that article, then you see messy horrible blocks mixed between image and text so you couldn’t know what parts you need to read and what part is ads or nonsense, would you get out the bed and start the computer and go to facebook and go to your friend’s profile and click that link again OR simply keep lying and go to other website has the news? Or do you want to wait 2958 seconds just to load a homepage? All those questions, if your answer is NO, either your readers.
3. Caring too much about users, and leave search engine alone

...though your work is flattering search engines (especially google). And google is exactly the same as many bosses in this world: if you want to flatter them, you must give things they love.
Google can make a billion or trillion calculations per second (or more), but that bot can not discriminate a cat in the picture is a cat or a dog, and it hates everything that can not understand. Thus, your beautiful posters or spectacular pictures in website is unappealing with google because it has no clue about pictures (unless you add a description – thing many people forget to do), search engine also can not fill any form then press enter to login, or understand such other non-text content as flash, java – that will display colourfully, lively and attractively under user’s eyes. Be sure you know search engine as much as knowing your boss.
Nice to hear you.