Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Share Thread:
1000+ visitors, which hosting type would you recommend?
At any given day the visitors number reaches 1000 on average.

Currently I am on shared hosting which is extremely slow when a lot of visitors come at once.

The site is a static site with worpdress. So, there is not much too load.

What type of hosting would you recommend?
Wordpress is not actually static. It loads mysql, php and also consume tremendous amount of bandwidth.

1000 visitors in a single whole day isn't much that of any traffic. You said it becomes slow, for how many users actually? And also how lot resources do it consume then?

By my guess a good VPS shall work with you fine. 2-4 cores and 4-8 gb ram should be enough.
[-] The following 2 users Like zeus's post:
  • abhirupb, anush29
WP is the worst of the worst when it comes to bandwidth and loading time. If it was not liked by G then nobody would have used it that's for sure. It has a monopoly over the market. So, it doesn't care how it's users think.

How much resources does it consume when it comes to pick hours?
[-] The following 1 user Likes abhirupb's post:
  • anush29
As, I said I am on shared hosting so I don't have much of any access. But I have sent you guys a screenshot awstats that I have.
It's not much. Your site is slow because you are probably in a shared hosting. And any other site on that machine is pulling out all the resources.

A good VPS with 2gb-4gb ram, a decent processing speed processor should be enough for you. I have mentioned you back in the PM as well (marking it by red pen). The peak hours need some resources but not that much what you think.