Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Share Thread:
Managed DS or Bare Metal, for a small eCommerce site which have a IT Team !!
I have launched my second eCommerce site but it isn't ready yet.

I also have choose a suitable DS for hosting. But I am confused whether should I go for the managed one or just buy the bare metal one.

The current site is being managed by some of my employees but they are not willing to do the same for the second one.

However, I do have a dedicated team just for IT, webdesign etc.
(08-14-2023, 08:10 AM)UKcart Wrote: I have launched my second eCommerce site but it isn't ready yet.

I also have choose a suitable DS for hosting. But I am confused whether should I go for the managed one or just buy the bare metal one.

The current site is being managed by some of my employees but they are not willing to do the same for the second one.

However, I do have a dedicated team just for IT, webdesign etc.

It doesn't matter whether you have a team or not. The real question is that whether they are capable of handling a server or not.

The other guys (your employees) you mentioned are capable of doing it, as it seems. My suggestion is that make them do it. It doesn't take much of any time. But it does take excellence.
[-] The following 3 users Like zola_ib's post:
  • sanjidayasmin, stcole, UKcart
It is very specialized job, running a server. Many people hire special teams for it. If your team is capable then it will be okay.

IT should be able to handle it. But if they focus on webdesign and stuff then I don't know.

I knew a guy who created a new job for this. And practically rehired an employee after interviewing him. He was in the IT team and was able to handle a server.
[-] The following 1 user Likes stcole's post:
  • UKcart
Thanks lads for replying.

The design team won't be able to do it. Because they are not properly trained for this. For now my employees will handle the situation as I have requested them to.

Unless something happens I happy by present arrangement.