Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Share Thread:
Sticky : Guest Blogging vs Other link building methods
PK357 Wrote:The link building methods of forum posting, blog commenting, and article submission have gone by the wayside. These links are very ineffective when compared to guest posting done properly. I'll explain why. 99 out of 100 times blog comments, forum posts, etc are nofollow, which doesn't pass page rank. Also, due to the fact that this method is no longer a secret, everybody's doing it. So that means there are hundreds, if not thousands of outbound links from the top-level domain of any forum or highly trafficked blog.

However, you can pick and choose the guest blogs you want and offer them products for a review in exchange for a dofollow. I recently did this for a client of ours by finding a well-trafficked blog and sending the owner a small product of her liking. After her post went live we received nearly 1,000 visits that day from the post resulting in 7.5 pages per visit with a 15% bounce rate. Also, there were 12 conversions attributed to that post.

Moreover, we saw an organic boost in traffic even though the link had been in place for just an hour or two. In 4-6 weeks that dofollow link will begin to pass page rank. So sometimes paying a bit upfront can help you reap huge rewards. This wouldn't have been possible through a blog comment, forum post, or article submission.
Nice sharing pk357, but apart from blog commenting ang article submission, isn't the forum posting gets do-follow? i mean that not always gets do-follow but sometime.
motionz Wrote:Which method of link building do you prefer, the conventional guest blogging process or other link building techniques such as blog commenting, article submission, forum posting etc ??

A good mixture of both! link building nowadays doesn't heavily rely on getting backlinks but the more important thing there is that you are marketing your site through your links ... whatever type of link that is (sitewide, footer links, blog comments, forum posts, guest posts, web 2.0, etc.)
kid3378 Wrote:
motionz Wrote:Which method of link building do you prefer, the conventional guest blogging process or other link building techniques such as blog commenting, article submission, forum posting etc ??

A good mixture of both! link building nowadays doesn't heavily rely on getting backlinks but the more important thing there is that you are marketing your site through your links ... whatever type of link that is (sitewide, footer links, blog comments, forum posts, guest posts, web 2.0, etc.)
Any one use footer links, guest posting, web 2.0 to get do-follow links and forum posting, blog comments for no-follow links.
Guest blogging is better.
Guest blogging is the best mathod to create high quality back link for website. use <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickspoint.com">http://www.flickspoint.com</a><!-- m --> for guest blogging

another mathod to create is also good for the quality link
I prefer guest blogging with niche related only and infographics both are magically works perfect for increasing keywords ranking and quality back links improvements..
SEO is all about relevency and and rich content, in this case snippets not gonna help to buid your online presence.

So, i will recommend to prefer Guest Blogging: Because it have more impact than anything else in the revised platform of SEO.

While doing Guest blogging Some points are there which has to be taken on count like no promotional keywords, 90 to 100 % relevancy according to title.
i prefer guest blogging.
which r the best sites for guest blogging?
IS GUEST BLOGGING NECESSARY FOR SEO?