Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Share Thread:
Does 301 redirect loses the value of the page?
If say my one page is ranking high in Google which has plenty of good links linking towards it. Now, if I have to move the page to another section of my site. Then obviously I will have to 301 redirect it. Should it lose the value in terms of SEO?
Yeah, a little bit but if it is an authority site then the thing is totally otherwise.
301 redirect is the most efficient and Search Engine Friendly method for webpage redirection. It's not that hard to implement and it should preserve your search engine rankings for that particular page. If you have to change file names or move pages around, it's the safest option. The code "301" is interpreted as "moved permanently".
Cheapest VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
Cheap Dedicated Servers | Free Setup and IPMI | Unmetered Bandwidth
Yes, 301 redirect will loss the value of the page.
Yes, I would like to say yes....
No. It's according to the rule of Google. Adding 301 redirection does not decrease the value of the website. Moreover, it helps bots to understand your website page condition.