Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Share Thread:
Disabling Mod_security !!
I have been searching this for a while now.

Which will be the best way to disable mod_security. It seems that one of custom plugins are creating some problems in the user's end.

Any suggestions? And also my host isn't providing any option through cPanel.
Your host isn't providing the option in cPanel ? Or, your host simply refused to give you any assistance regarding it since you are on a shared server?!

Anyway, I would recommend using the .htaccess procedure to follow. Doing the SSH way will be hard for you.
No, only the cpanel isn't giving any option.

I have submitted a ticket asking to refer me to the procedure which they think is best. But they haven't given any reply yet.
Then do the .htaccess way. You can find plenty off tutorials online.

BTW there is no best possible way to do it. The thing is whichever works for you is fine.
Just got reply. Since this hosting plan of mine doesn't provide an option through cpanel. So, they suggested me to go with SSH or .htaccess

SSH is available even in this shared hosting plan. But I think I will more fine if I do what @cbtech you suggested. So, thanks.