Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Share Thread:
CloudFlare SSL or Let's Encrypt SSL - Which one to use?
Looking for a good free SSL. I was suggested that free and paid ones are not much of any different from each other.

I am seeing that many prefer CF. Even though it slow ups a site. Any takers for LE?!
After all of this time. You are asking this now?

CF is for those who are looking for CDN as well.

I personally prefer LE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bae22's post:
  • macaulead
Both Cloudflare SSL and Let's Encrypt SSL are good options for securing your website, but the choice ultimately depends on your specific needs and requirements.

Here are some factors to consider when choosing between Cloudflare SSL and Let's Encrypt SSL:

1) Ease of use: Cloudflare SSL is generally easier to set up and manage compared to Let's Encrypt SSL, which requires more technical knowledge to install and maintain.

2) Security features: Both Cloudflare SSL and Let's Encrypt SSL provide strong encryption for your website. However, Cloudflare SSL also offers additional security features such as DDoS protection, web application firewall, and bot management.

3) Cost: Let's Encrypt SSL is a free, open-source SSL certificate authority, while Cloudflare SSL requires a paid plan to access its SSL features. If you're looking for a cost-effective option, Let's Encrypt may be a better choice.

4) Performance: Cloudflare SSL can improve your website's performance by caching your content and serving it from a nearby server. Let's Encrypt SSL does not offer these performance optimization features.

In summary, if you want an easy-to-use SSL solution with additional security features, Cloudflare SSL may be a good choice. If you're looking for a cost-effective solution and don't require advanced security features, Let's Encrypt SSL is a good option.
(04-12-2023, 03:03 PM)bae22 Wrote: After all of this time. You are asking this now?

CF is for those who are looking for CDN as well.

I personally prefer LE.

We had a package of Comodo. They were of 5 years plan. Tongue Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes macaulead's post:
  • bae22
(04-12-2023, 05:05 AM)macaulead Wrote: Looking for a good free SSL. I was suggested that free and paid ones are not much of any different from each other.

I am seeing that many prefer CF. Even though it slow ups a site. Any takers for LE?!
LE is free that's the main reason why people use it.
So u can generate it anytime on your server
When it comes to choosing between CloudFlare SSL and Let's Encrypt SSL, you've got options. And you're right; the main difference often comes down to performance.If you're looking for speed, Let's Encrypt (LE) might be your go-to. It's more lightweight compared to CloudFlare, which can slow things down a bit due to its additional features.But hey, it's all about finding what suits your specific needs. Give Let's Encrypt a shot and see how it performs for your site. And while you're at it, don't forget to explore IP Stresser & IP Booter services to keep your online space secure