Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Share Thread:
Dedicated Sever - Plesk Panel Setup
I am currently in process to move my eCommerce site from a VPS to a dedicated server. I am willing to install Plesk on that. As, I am familiar with the setup.

However, I am not familiar with the pricing and licensing of Plesk. How they usually charge people? Since, I will be running multiple webservers in it. Including the backup and email ones.
Plesk charges as per server. Whether it is for a VPS or a Dedicated one.

You will be charged as per monthly or yearly schemes. If you are already familiar with Plesk then why don't just look for hosting providers who do provide managed services with Plesk !!
[-] The following 2 users Like lootmeup's post:
  • bsteve, UKcart
Yeah, bought for one. And now I have it installed. So, far no complications. Have got covered all the requirements under one licensee.

But they are bit pricey. That I must say.
A dedicated server will generally cost higher than others.
SmartScrapers is a data scraping services provider company.
Setting up a dedicated server with Plesk Panel involves several steps. Here's a general guide to help you with the process:

1) Choose a Dedicated Server: Select a hosting provider that offers dedicated server hosting. Consider factors such as server specifications, location, and provider reputation.

2) Operating System Installation: Most hosting providers offer a choice of operating systems. Decide on the OS that suits your requirements, such as CentOS, Ubuntu, or Windows Server, and install it on your dedicated server. This process is typically performed through the hosting provider's control panel or via a remote management interface like IPMI.

3) Accessing the Server: After the OS installation, you'll need to access the server either through a secure shell (SSH) connection or a remote desktop connection for Windows servers. The hosting provider should provide you with the necessary credentials to access your server.

4) Plesk Panel Installation: Once you have access to the server, you can proceed with installing Plesk Panel. Plesk provides an installation script that simplifies the process. Connect to your server via SSH or the remote desktop, and follow the installation instructions provided by Plesk for your specific operating system.

5) Plesk Initial Configuration: After the installation, open a web browser and access the Plesk Panel interface using the server's IP address or domain name. You'll be prompted to complete the initial configuration. Provide the necessary information, such as setting up an administrator username and password, and configuring network settings.

6) Domain Setup: Once the initial configuration is complete, you can start adding domains to your Plesk Panel. This involves registering or transferring a domain name and configuring the necessary DNS settings. Plesk Panel provides a user-friendly interface for managing domains, creating email accounts, and setting up websites.

7) Additional Configuration: Plesk Panel offers a wide range of features and settings to customize your server and hosting environment. Explore the control panel to configure email, FTP, security settings, SSL certificates, and any other specific requirements you may have.

8) Server Maintenance: Regularly update Plesk Panel and the underlying operating system to ensure the security and stability of your dedicated server. Plesk provides tools and notifications to simplify the update process.

Remember to consult the Plesk documentation and support resources for detailed instructions tailored to your specific operating system and Plesk Panel version.
Moving your eCommerce site to a dedicated server is a big step! When I was in a similar situation, I had questions about Plesk too. I found that acecomputers.com had some insightful info on Plesk pricing. They explained it in a straightforward way, which was super helpful for me. As for running multiple webservers, backups, and email, it might be worth reaching out directly to Plesk for a customized solution.